Sunday, September 28, 2008

Our Arizona Trip

Well Ashlyn and I are finally back in good 'ol Centerville, Utah. We really enjoyed our trip to Arizona but we were really starting to miss Bret!! I went to Mesa, Arizona to help my sister Melissa out. She's 7 months pregnant and has the wonderful Larson pregnancy gene. Yep throwing up all nine months and extra added on bonuses. NEways I helped take care of her two boys, Chayden and Kallin, during the day while her husband Chamil was at work. We had tons of fun with them! Ashlyn loved having people to play with all day! She's had Bret to play with this weekend but I'm sure she'll realize how lonely we're gonna be when he goes back to work. I guess I'll have to come up with some ideas on how to entertain her more. Even though we were in Arizona for two weeks we still had some crazy times! Here's a little good times, bad times recap...
GOOD TIMES:
-Meeting Ollie and April from Big Brother 10 at the Target store in Gilbert. It's weird seeing people you watch on tv in real life! I was like "uhhh...(cheesy) HI!!!" Hey I'm just glad they are still a couple and basically act just the same as they did on tv.
BAD TIMES:
-Tipping over a water cooler jug in the van right after they had just been filled. I thought the lids would hold tighter but when I turned the corner.. glug, glug, glug... it all started coming out!
GOOD TIMES:
-Ashlyn turned into a horse! Ok not exactly but whenever she saw an animal, like a dog, or even just at completely random times she let out a big "Naaayy". Trust me, it's hilarious! Don't quite know why she's been doing it so much but hey it's not hurting anyone!
BAD TIMES:
-The night before we went home I ran over a screw while driving to get stuff for dinner in my dad's van and POP! Bye Bye tire! I literally drove on the rim for a brief moment before pulling over and freaking out. Of course that would happen to ME!?!
GOOD TIMES:
-Spenging quality time with my sister Melissa and her family! Chayden and Kallin are so cute. They say the funniest things sometimes. Oh and playing games with Melissa and Chamil- priceless fun times!

Last but not least my GOOD/BAD TIMES:
-Being in the 98 degree Arizona weather. Talk about hot!! I don't know why I even bothered doing my hair and makeup in the mornings. As soon as I stepped out the door it all went to crap. I seriously melted! And it's late September!! No wonder the football team are the devils- cause it is hot as you-know-where!
All in all we had a blast but we are glad to be back. Can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to!

5 comments:

musson said...

Oh the bitter sweet with the good times/bad times. I can't believe you saw Ollie and April!
I don't know if I could keep my cool if i saw someone famous.

How cute is that of Ashlyn. OH I wish I could see it.

Anonymous said...

FOR FUUUUN!!! How fun sister time is!! REALLY!! Glad you had fun and traveled safely! I would LOVE to hear that little NAAAY!

Katy said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE way of doing this post, Kris!!! You have great pics and I smiled the entire time! I also want to tell you that we (Ava and I) listen to your music playlist often... we LOVE it!!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

You are so sweet!

Ali said...

o yea you found me i was wondering if you had a blog and now i know we need to get together and do something.