Ashlyn is constantly doing things that amaze me. Sometimes I just can't believe how smart she is. Like how I'll sing a song 1 or 2 times and the next thing I know she singing it back to me in perfect pitch and mumbled words that sound very similar to the actual ones. Or how when she plays with her doll she totally mimics things I do with her. But she did something lately that totally blew me out of the water... Ashlyn has learned how to count to 10. Just recently we've been counting to 10 when we wipe her face off. She refuses to get any help feeding so at the end of her meals (after spaghettios especially) she is completely messy. So we count to 10 and she focuses on the counting instead of the intense face wiping we have to give her. Well now she says what the next number is and can even count on her own if we start her. Crazy huh?! I don't know many 16-month-old babies that can count so I am dang impressed. What a little smarty pants we have!
14 years ago



3 comments:
That's amazing!!!! I bet her little voice sounds so cute as she's counting... I know that I get all mushy when I hear Ava "read" or sing! Smartie pants indeed! Just like her Mommy!
WOAH!! Very impressive Ashlynn!!!
We'll give the counting Addie's face a try. She also does like help- ms independent.
How cute Kristen!! I've never heard of a baby that young counting to 10 either!
Post a Comment