Saturday, November 1, 2008

"HOW" cute!



Well we had a blast Trick or Treating last night. Ashlyn was an Indian and Bret and I decided not to dress up, for time reasons. We took her to my best friend Ashley's house first and she was sooo adorable! Then we went to grandma Wynder's nursing home. We showed up a little early so we decided to walk down to the South Davis Community Hospital. The facility is specifically for physically and mentally handicapped people. It was my first year going and it won't be my last! I was so touched by everyone's spirits, young and old. This one older lady was hilarious! She wouldn't let me have any candy and said "this is for a little bit". Bless her heart she was so cute. After we left and were walking back up to grandma Wynder's nursing home I started crying when I was telling Bret how sad I was to see this little baby and her mom. The baby must have been somewhere around 9 months old and was hooked up to tons of tubes. Her skin was blue and I'm pretty sure she will not live a full life. I just feel so blessed to have a healthy little girl, as well as much more in my life. (sorry for making this post a little sad). NEWAYS we had fun with grandma Wynder and came back home to hand out candy here. I will post video later but here are some cell phone pics.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Oh my Ashlyn makes the CUTEST little Indian Princess EVER!! What a doll!!! I am so happy you went to the nursing center and hospital- you have one of the Biggest hearts I've ever known anyone to have- good for you for teaching that to your family!

Dionna said...

She is very precious. :)