Saturday, July 18, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby

Yes that title does refer to my situation perfectly. Ice more ice and the baby. You see during my pregnancies and especially towards the end of them (Yeah I'm in my last 3 months!), I become addicted to ice. I go through ice tray after ice tray eating the cubes and when I go over to my parents house I fill my water bottles with their crushed ice. Awww just typing about it is making me crave and salivate for some ice. Pregnancies are known to bring cravings and some people say that if you find your self craving certain things (dirt, ice, etc) that your body is trying to make up for something that it's missing. I happen to know from experience that I become anemic or low in iron during my pregnancies. I try and take my vitamins, eat cereals with lots of iron in them, etc. but even then I usually have to take the iron supplement pills- which make me sick. Personally I prefer my ice a lot better. So as my cravings get worse and I start dreaming about the best places to get the best ice- like Dairy Queen and the hospital, I will try and keep myself under control but I can't make any promises!

Just curious- Any of you have any weird cravings or habits during your pregnancies? Or know anyone who did?
Oh heaven! MMMMMmmmmm.....

4 comments:

karen★ said...

Hey! You can now officially join the Wynders. They all have an ice fetish (pregnant or not) and can chew ice for ages. I'm glad you have a good habit though. My only "things" were Sausage McMuffins w/ Egg EXTRA CHEESE almost everyday. yum!

Katy said...

Ice was a HUGE deal when I was pregnant with Ava! I would send T out to get ice (specifically from Sonic or Taco Time... they've got the BEST ice)
As for other cravings:
Rice Krispy treats
Root Beer (i've never liked it before or since)
Otter pops
Watermelon (in February... that one was a killer!)

James and Laura Neibaur said...

LEMONS! MMM!Oh and now the baby I craved lemons with LOVES them--since he was five months old!

Megan@Just For Me...And You said...

Hey Kristin! You need to put your e-mail in your profile!! You won a 191 Unlimited shirt. E-mail me with your size choice and shipping address, please!