Ashlyn has always loved her binkies. I had planned on having her done with them by the time she turned 2. However, selfish me wanted to wait until after our Canada trip and our 13 hour drives. After talking about it with her for the last couple of days, we decided today was the day to say "Bye Bye" to the binkies. I got an envelope and put some pictures of our "baby friends" on them so she could have some connection to who her precious binkies were going to. Then we wrote them a little note, gathered up all her binkies, and put them in the mailbox. I then immediately put her down for her nap. Of course she asked for her binkies right away. I had to remind her that we sent ALL of her binkies away to the little babies that need them and that she was a big girl now and big girls don't use binkies. So far she is singing songs in her room- which is normal. At least she isn't crying. I know the next few days might be a little rough with her adjusting but I know it will be worth it in the end. Farewell binkies, I hope I won't miss them as much as Ashlyn and that my adjustment period isn't too hard.
6 comments:
What a sweetheart! And a great idea... I've heard of binky fairies and such but this was super cute! I love her expression while the envelope is sitting in her lap, Ashlyn is insanely adorable!!!! Hope the adjustment goes well!!!
That is one of the cutest things I have ever heard of...and I love that Zachary is one of her baby friends. I hope everything goes ok for Ash(a)lyn but mostly for you!
hey girlie!! I just found your blog!! So I hope ya don't mind but I added you on my blog list! you guys look like you are doing great and your daughter is cuter than ever! she seriously is beautiful! well I hope all is well with ya'll!!
Ha Ha Ashlyn's face is precious! When should Mya expect that package :) You should be proud, I finally hopped on the blog train!
What a cutie, it was good to see you guys in Waterton. Email me at carlybringhurst@yahoo.com and I will add you to our blog
Awww, what a cute idea! Man, she's all grown up now! :-)
Post a Comment