Well since everything was so rushed before we left for Canada, I didn't have time to post about our 4th of July. We ended up having our good friends Jake & Jaime and their baby Mya sleep over the night before so we could be ready bright and early the next day for the Centerville parade. The sleep over was super fun- although we didn't do much sleeping. The boys stayed up forever playing xbox 360 and Jaime and I talked/kept trying to persuade the boys to go to bed. Finally we did but it was pretty rough getting up early the next morning. The parade was a lot of fun and we all got our share of candy. Bret was lucky enough to get singled out by a weird clown who couldn't get a box of special snaps/torpedo box out of his pocket to give to him. It was funny/akward but we all had a good laugh. We sat by my parents, my brother Clint with his wife Rachel, and my brother Cort and his wife Liz and their three boys. After the parade we headed to the carnival in the park where we enjoyed cotton candy, a bounce house for Ashlyn, a quilt gallery, and much more. After all that excitement it was time to go back to my parents house for a bbq. What better way to celebrate the 4th than with hot dogs, hamburgers, watermelon, chips, veggies, corn on the cob, etc. We were so full and so tired after it was over. We had a very fun 4th of July and were so happy to be able to spend it with our friends and family! Oh and I'm glad we could give our Canadian friend Jaime some American fun and watch Mya enjoy her first 4th of July- she loved her little flag!
1 comment:
Wow, it looks like you guys had a great 4th. I don't think I've ever met Jake's wife Jaime...they look like such a cute couple. :-) I can't believe they have a little girl already!
Post a Comment