Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Date Night

Bret and I had a wonderful date night last weekend that I haven't been able to post about until now. Our friends Jake and Jaime were nice enough to come and babysit Ashlyn this past Saturday while Bret and I went out to a very nice dinner. We went to the Macaroni Grill in Salt Lake. Salt Lake was packed with people because there was a home Jazz basketball game, schools were having prom, and it was a Saturday night. Luckily I had made reservations so we got in really quick and were able to enjoy a great dinner. Frugal Me got a coupon for a free appetizer and we had the trio sampler with tomato bruscetta, mozzarella sticks, and calamari. That's right Bret and I tried baby squid for our first time. It actually wasn't that bad. I think the batter was a little too thick on it though. Then we had a huge meal with salad, four-cheese Sicilian ravioli, chicken cannelloni, and finally a nice light Italian gellato for dessert. It was so great going to a nice restaurant just Bret and I. I hope we will be able to do it more often.

3 comments:

karen★ said...

I love love that place. If you tell them it's your birthday someone will serenade you in traditional italian style...opera! (i love your background but i miss your cute banner with the buttons!)

Andrea McEntire said...

Good for you for having a date night! I'm glad you had fun.

Kristin W. said...

I know I miss my banner too but I am going to make a new and even cuter one so you just wait