We actually surprised Bret by having my friend Ashley design a shirt for Ashlyn and me putting the shirt together that said "I'm going to be a big sister." I put it on Ashlyn and she came out of her room to show daddy her "pretty" shirt. Bret did a double take and said "Is that real?" It was cute. He was very surprised and very happy!I have to say that being pregnant is something that is extremely hard for me. I get very very sick. Nauseous all day, throwing up multiple times a day, and sometimes being so weak that I can barely get off the couch. Add kidney stones, U.T.I.s, anemia, back pain, and much more- you can see that this is no easy task for me. Bret also has been feeling a lot more hardships this time around because he is having to take care of me, Ashlyn, and sometimes even making his own dinners when I am too sick. He is a very strong man and I am very thankful for his hard work and support. I hope we are able to have a big family like we originally planned but I am not sure how much more of these pregnancies I can take. Luckily medical breakthrus and helping a little with coming out with the generic zophran pill which used to be $80 a pill. The generic has made things a lot easier and now I can have maybe 3 good days a week of not being completely nauseous. The pill is used to treat nausea for cancer treatments just so you know how strong it is. And that doesn't even help me sometimes. I can go a few days at a time without being able to keep any food down which makes for some extreme dehydration and major weakness. On the bright side Ashlyn will be thrilled to have a playmate and Bret and I can't wait to cuddle a newborn again. They are super cute when they are babies. I can't wait to hold him or her in my arms! 

Ok here's a funny pregnancy story that I have to share!!!!:
I decided to switch my doctor because I had a pretty bad experience with my last delivery. I really wanted to still deliver at the same hospital (Lakeview) which is where me and Ashlyn we born. The only thing is that not very many doctors deliver there. Long story short I found out the guy who started the practice where Bret and I see our family physician delivers. Dr. Cope from Cope Family Medicine. I love the office, my friend is a receptionist there, and the doctors all seem to be very nice. So we decided on him. (He has been really great by-the-way!) Anyways my first visit at 11 weeks he had a student from one of the local high schools shadowing him. Remember he is really a family practice physician doing ob/gyn on the side. So this shy, tall, skinny kid comes in with Dr. Cope. Ashlyn starts flirting with him and putting on a show. Then Dr. Cope does my exam- pap smear and all. This kid was probably in shock for seeing, I'm guessing, his first vagina. I probably scarred him for the rest of his life! Poor kid. I bet he wasn't expecting that at all when he just wants to be a family doctor. I wish I could have told the kid, "Listen it's not going to look like this on your wedding night. It will be a lot better without the big tool holding my whoo whoo open and the tools, and I'm so so so sorry!" Let's just say the kid looked a lot different coming out of the room then he did coming in. HaHa.



10 comments:
Oh my goodness...congratulations you two!!! :-) How exciting to have another baby on the way! I can't wait to find out what you'll be having. I'm so sorry to hear about your sickness. You really get it bad! :-( You're such a trooper. Your story was hilarious by the way...I can't imagine what that kid was probably thinking. Haha
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
That's terrific, Kristen!!!!! Love the t shirt, what a cute idea (and Ashlyn is insanely cute!!! look how BIG she's getting-- and i love her hair!)
wow, i'm sorry you're so sick, i remember you trying to work at the center and having all those problems with Ashlyn... dang that sucked!
oh that poor boy... poor poor boy.
I'm so happy for you guys!! How exciting...except for the being sick part. Just think, it will really help Ashlyn and Bret be more self-sufficent. My grandma was the same way and her kids and husband have benefited from it ever since if that makes sense! =0)
Congrats! That is very exciting, sorry to hear the morning sickness is to bad. But yay for a new addition to the family.
Joelle
Yay! We are very excited! I love your OB stories!!! When I was pregnant with Warren, in walked one of his high school swim team buddies and then we saw him at dinner that night and my mom was in town and I had just told her the story and we were laughing so hard we were crying and he was looking at us from his table--I'm sure he could guess... :) I'm sorry your so sick--it's always worth it though, huh!
i love the t-shirt idea!! i am so glad you found a generic medicine to help you this time, and another doctor! I AM GLAD TO SEE ANOTHER COUNTDOWN STARTED!!! (p.s. love the writing in your banner!!)
YEA YEA YEA Krissy!! i'm so excited for you and your family! Your little girl is gorgeous and I can't WAIT to see the next one!! I'm sorry you are so sicky girl! Let's play soon! I miss you!
AHHHHHHHHHHH! My baby is growing up! Kristin! I am so happy for you!! Congratulations!
You get kudos for feeling so crummy during pregnancies. I hope this one is a little easier. I loved the story about the high school kid. Too funny!
YAY!!! Ashlyn is so stinkin' cute I can't wait to see your next one!!
And how sad about your pregnancy sickness- I hope it doesn't last long.
CONGRATS!! I hope you have an easier time this go around....tell Ash great job on the shirt - darling!
Post a Comment