Easter: We had a beautiful Easter Sunday at my parents house. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. The kids had an Easter egg hunt and we had a wonderful dinner. The typical-but very yummy- ham, funeral potatoes, deviled eggs, salad, homemade rolls, jello, and for dessert homemade ice cream, pie, and cake. Needless to say we were stuffed and very tired after it was over.Ashlyn: I swear she walks around with a sign on her forehead saying illnesses welcome. Several weeks ago she developed a weird rash. We took her into the doctor and they were stumped. They treated her for scabies which are little mites that burrow under your skin and I spent 2 days cleaning, disinfecting, and doing laundry. Well it didn't go away so we had to take her to a dermatologist. He said it was allergies. Pretty much like hayfever but instead of sneezing and watery eyes she gets a rash. Easily curable with ointment but she has it for her whole life. So just when things start getting under control the saturday before Easter she starts crying and throwing a fit everytime she has to pee. I knew right away what it was and took her into the doctor. Yep it's a Urinary Tract Infection. They are actually really rare in young kids but Ashlyn gets them a lot and we actually took her to Primary Children's Hospital a year ago and found out she has Urinary Reflux which sends some of her urine back into her kidneys causing infections. So she is on antibiotics AGAIN and then we are going to see a follow up doctor about our next plan of action in getting this girl a happy and healthy childhood. Oh and we also have to go back to the dermatologist in a few weeks as well. Despite the setbacks Ashlyn is still happy and full of energy. There is one tv show that she is obsessed with and pretty much defines her life- Yo Gabba Gabba. "Her name is Ashlyn and she likes to dance!" So as long as she has her Yo Gabba Gabba she's fine.

April Showers: Despite Ashlyn and I's lovely walks and trips to the park lately, the last two days have been rainy and cold so we have been watching Disney movies, coloring, reading books, and jumping on the bed. I know she is missing the outdoors because she has asked to go bye bye several times in the last two days. I hope the weather warms up again and we can get back to the sunshine and playing outside!
Upcoming Adventures: Bret and I are planning some great activities for the summer. July is going to be SUPER busy! First we are going to the Wynder's cabin in Waterton, Canada for a week right after the 4th. Ashlyn and I are getting our passports right now- which are freakin expensive! We are really excited to go and can't wait to take in the beautiful scenery! Then from the 19th to the beginning of August we are having our first big Greg Larson family reunion. All of my brothers and sisters and their families are coming. It's hard to get us all together because everyone has huge families and live all over so it will be great to all be together. So many fun things are planned and I can't wait for the festivities! The kids are doing a Christmas in July gift exchange and we can't wait! I also want to do some camping this summer!Needless to say with everything going on things have been pretty exciting around here!



2 comments:
Oh poor Ashlyn, that's horrible that she's got all those issues (but then again, c'mon, are you that surprised? you are the MOST susceptible to sickness/illness girl i've ever met!! hahah!!) but that's miserable for all of you-- hope things get better fast!
Yo Gabba Gabba... totally a disturbing and freaky show... Ava loves it too... heebie jeebies.
And as for the passports.. I KNOW!!! They are so expensive!!! And we had to get ours expidited... so tack on another $100 or so... ridiculous!!
Sounds like you have a lot of fun things planned... excited to see all the fun pictures!
I am so sorry about Ashlyn. Is the rash from the Urinary stuff, or is that a completely separate issue. Poor poor little girl. I'm so excited we are all going to Canada together!! It will be fun fun times!!
Post a Comment