Another Monday and another week. I hate Sunday nights after dinner when it hits me that Bret has to go back to work the next day. It just seems so much more fun when he's home. I was really starting to enjoy him only working Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. But now he has classes on Thursdays and Fridays so I find myself missing him a lot more. We only have one car which Bret uses so Ashlyn and I are stuck inside all day during the week. We really look forward to the times when he's home and are always wanting to go out and do things. The only problem is that those are the times when Bret wants to stay home and rest from his busy week. Talk about conflict of interest. We have been doing some things like going to the park and to the pet store. We can only spend 15 minutes or so outside because it's so cold but Ashlyn loves going to the pet store and seeing all the doggies. Best thing about it is that it's FREE!!Another thing I dislike about Mondays is all the things you realize you need to do. Another list of groceries to get, meals to plan, errands to run, and remembering all the little things you want to do but keep putting off for another week and another week. Since becoming a stay-at-home-mom I have determined that it is very hard to have Kristin time. I mean when was the last time I went shopping by myself, let alone FOR myself?? I never seem to have enough energy or time to do hobbies or activities. If anyone has any secrets on how to balance that aspect of being a mom please let me know. There are plenty more Mondays to come this year which means plenty more opportunities to start fresh. In the meantime I will try to come up with some creative ideas on my own- when I have time. lol



2 comments:
Oh I totally hear you on mourning the loss of Me Time.... even when Taylor gives me a few hours of strictly Me Time, I feel rushed for some reason... argh!
A PET STORE, that's what Rexburg NEEDS!!!!
i'm so sorry! i completely understand the conflict of interest thing...seth is the same way (must be a brother thing) and it gets t-o-u-g-h sometimes but as long as we remember the magic word (compromise) we are good there.
"me time"? what the heck is that?! just don't let go of the stuff that is important to YOU...it gets hard without the car but as long as you SCHEDULE yourself in and BALANCE everything you won't go (as) crazy!
Post a Comment