A week or so ago, Bret and I came across some signs in our neighborhood directing to "the set." Of course, we couldn't help it but follow the signs which led us one street over to this:
(these pics are actually from our neighbor Amy who lives right next door)
Two houses were being used to film something and I was dying to find out what it was.
I knew "The Host" movie (same person that wrote the Twilight series of books) was being filmed somewhere in Albuquerque right now because I had gotten some emails about them needing extras, so I was really hoping it was that.
However, it turned out to be the TV series Breaking Bad. I have watched some of the show, but stopped because it got a little dark for me. I know a lot of people love it though, and the critics think it's great as well.
It's been crazy over there with all of the crew, equipment, fancy cars pulling out, fans trying to get in on the action, etc. Ashlyn's pre-school is a few houses away so we keep seeing all the action first hand.
I noticed on the news and stuff that a lot of things are filmed here like the tv series In Plain Sight and the new Johnny Depp Lone Ranger movie, etc.
So I decided to look up some of the other movies that were filmed here.
Here's just a few:
The Avengers
Thor
Cowboys & Aliens
Transformers
Independence Day
Terminator Salvation
Contact
Twins
Armageddon
True Grit
Little Miss Sunshine
Young Guns
No Country for Old Men
Easy Rider
Fright Night
and so on...
It's pretty cool to see all the things filmed out here and exciting to see filming right in our back yard!








1 comment:
I had no idea all of those films were filmed here...ABQ is the bomb!
Post a Comment