
Gavin Matthew Wynder Born October 1st, 2009 @ 9:04 pm Weighing 7lbs 2oz, 20 inches long

Well it's official- we have now become a family of four! Wednesday night I didn't sleep at all because I was having some strong contractions. I knew labor was coming because the contractions were waking me up every 20 minutes. I decided sleep was out of the question and went to watch some television to keep my mind off the pain. As the night turned into early day and time progressed I noticed the contractions getting closer together. At about 7 am they were a consistent 7 minutes apart and I told Bret we should start getting our things together and making arrangements for Ashlyn so we could go to the hospital. Being a crazy weekend with lots going on, it was a little crazy finding a place for Ashlyn. (I just want to give a big THANKS to all those who helped take care of her during our hospital stay!) Even though I was being slow to progress with my labor and we ended up watching movies all day at the hospital, when things finally started to move along the delivery went very quick and only took about 4 or 5 pushes before our little boy was here. I can't tell you how relieved I was when Gavin finally got here! He was a beautiful healthy little boy that I had been waiting on for a very long time. Our doctor was amazing and things went very well. Bret was spoiled with meals and after the baby was born, the staff took care of all 3 of us and were so great! Other than having low blood sugar the first night, Gavin did amazing in the hospital. We were happy to have some family and friends visit us during our stay and I have to say that leaving the hospital was a little bitter sweet because I felt so comfortable when we were there. But now we have our family home and it is going to be a whole new ball game from here on out. I wish I could say all is well and end my post on a happy note for once but alas, there is always something going on with us and I have not had the most pleasant experience since we've been home. Ashlyn got a nasty cold from one of the places she had to stay at during our hospital stay and has been pretty miserable. It's hard because I don't want Gavin or anyone else getting sick so we have been trying to have her stay away from the baby and me. Bret has been trying to give her lots of extra love and attention but being sick is no fun and things have been stressful. Last night was extremely hard because I spent the entire night up with Gavin who was running a temperature and crying all night long. I don't know if he was just having a hard time adjusting or what but I got no sleep and was worried about him all night. Luckily his fever finally broke early this morning and he went back to his calm, wonderful, happy self. One thing that is a concern is that Gavin's jaundice seems to be getting worse and so we will be going back to the hospital Monday to get him checked out. Then there's me- I had been having some problems with my bleeding and had to be put on meds which made me feel miserable. Also for some reason I seem to be retaining tons of water and am more swollen in my legs, ankles, and feet then I ever was during pregnancy which makes getting around hard and painful- I hope the water starts coming out soon otherwise I might have to go into the doctor to see what we can do. Then today I sneezed and my stitches came apart (yes- THOSE stitches). There isn't really much they can do but hope things mend well on their own and for me to take it easy until they do. So needless to say, I am pretty miserable in TONS of pain and wishing things would just go right for once and that I wouldn't have so many problems. Luckily I have a wonderful husband and mom who take care of me and a new little baby to cuddle with while I lay on the couch with my feet elevated. I really am excited to have this little family of ours- even if all my kids look like clones of my husband. Hey I'm not complaining because look how cute they are! At least they both got my cute Larson nose and mouth.













15 comments:
Oh my goodness Kristin when will the madness end?! Holy cow! You are one strong woman, that's all I have to say. I hope the healing is quick and that the pain subsides. We love you and are so happy for your cute little family of four! :-)
Congratulations! Oh I wish you well - I am glad you have your amazing Mom to help and support you! Hugs your way! LOVE the pic of the proud big sis :)
I'm so glad he's finally here! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time healing. Doesn't a new baby make you so happy for eternal families? You are all so cute--he's a very pretty baby! James says hi to Brett!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! he is adorable! he looks like bret!
And hello about the stitches! I cringed when I read that. YEEEEOUCH!!! And Gavin being sick and your water retention, Holy smokes! Doesn't sound fun. But your family is stinkin' cute!!
he is such a CUTIE!!and I sure hope that you get to feelin better! I hated "those" stitches and mine never even ripped! you are one tough little momma though! good luck with the new baby!!
yay!!!! we are so happy he is here! he is an absolutely beautiful baby and i cannot wait to meet him in person! i am wishing you a quick recovery and am so happy that he is doing better. we love the FOUR of you!
Congrats, He is sure a cutie. I hope things start to get better, just rest and enjoy him while he is still little they grow way too fast.
I'm glad he is finally here. He is a handsome little one, and looks just like his daddy. Hope things start turning around good for you and your family.
I had a dream last night that you had your baby, I check your blog today and you did. That's kind of weird. He is so beautiful. He has the cutest face and I love that he has so much hair. I bet every kid I ever have will be a baldy. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.
Dear Kristin,
Congratulations on the arrival of your adorable baby boy. He is so cute and Ashlyn is as well. I hope you can recover quickly and get back to a normal post pregnant, 2 kid family life.
Congratulations! He is so cute! Your family of four is adorable!
Congrats! What a cutie. I'm so sorry for all the extra baggage in your life. I would babysit Ashlyn in a heartbeat for you if I were in Utah. I love how you said "yes THOSE stitches." TOO FUNNY! Way to have a sense of humor during this rough patch! You rock sista! Keep going!
CONGRATS!!!!!
He's perfection! I promised Taylor that i wouldn't comment on anyone's blog cuz i am so SO tired and fell behind, but i just had to say Congratulations, Gavin is an angel!
I'm so sorry you feel so crappy, that makes me heart ache for you... it's no fun to be so overwhelmed and on top of all that be sick and miserable.... i will be praying for you!
loves to all!!
He is PERFECT! Seriously, he skipped right over the newborn look and looks like this perfect little baby man! He's so darling and delicious!
Oh, Kristin, I feel so bad that you've had all these problems since coming home. I love staying in the hospital for as long as possible too. I think women who WANT to go home early are crazy. You get pampered, fed, and checked on all the time. They do all the worrying and checking on the new baby, and if anything does go wrong, what better place to be than already in the hospital, it's great! I hope you heal quickly and that the swelling goes down fast. I had a ton of swelling with Chase during my pregnancy but never threw up and the opposite with Landon and I honestlywould rather throwing up the entire pregnancy than swelling. It's a truly miserable feeling, I'm so sorry for you. I hope you start feeling great soon so you can enjoy this new sweet baby.
Congrats!! I can't believe you had your baby before me, lucky! I am glad to hear he is healthy and happy. I hope you are doing better now and the swelling has gone down. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment