Well it's been 2 weeks since Gavin was born and life is finally starting to get back to normal. Here's the run down on how we are all doing:
Me: Well it was a rough 2 weeks for me with my ailing health problems. I literally was confined to the couch and my bed for most of the 2 weeks but I am feeling a lot better and every day I am able to more and more. Yay! I can't wait to get cleared on my 6-8 week check up and start exercising and doing more things. I have already lost 30 lbs and am looking forward to shedding more. Life with 2 kids has been interesting. I'm sure there will be many new "firsts" and adjustments as things move along.
Ashlyn: We finally got Ashlyn into a Gastroenterologist and figured out what was going on. Can I say that the day of her appointment was crazy and frustrating but when we finally got in to see the doctor we couldn't have been more impressed by how thorough and knowledgeable she was. SOO Worth the troubles of the day! Anyways what we figured out was that Ashlyn, from being on daily antibiotics for so long, had some sort of "super" bacteria grow in her intestines and colon that prevented the nutrients and water absorption. Then when we took her off the antibiotics and started giving her all the probiotics, active cultures, and acidophilous- the "super" bacteria was cleared up. Her pediatrician kept testing her for the bacteria and the results were always negative. Her GI doctor said that even though the bacteria was gone, the damage had already been done to her intestines and colon and that's why she wasn't getting better. Solution? EASY- 2 tablespoons of Imodium everyday for 2 months! Seriously? That's it?! That will heal up her intestines and colon and she should be back to normal in no time. So far things are going great and she loves getting skittles for taking her medicine!
Gavin: Gavin is definitely a lot different than Ashlyn was as a newborn. This kid can sleep and sleep like no other. Maybe it's the time of year for hibernation? Oh and did I mention that he makes these super cute noises when he sleeps? He does these cute little moans and groans sometimes- it's adorable! He seems to have the acid reflux curse and man can he puke up a big meal, but hopefully he will outgrow that just like Ashlyn and medicine will help as well. One thing that we are a little nervous about is that while he was in the hospital he failed his hearing test twice so we have to re-do his hearing screening tests on next Tuesday with Primary Children's Medical Center. I pray, pray, pray that everything goes well and that his hearing is fine.
Bret: Bret is leaving us this weekend to go out to Colorado for his youngest brother's mission farewell. I am sad the rest of us can't make it out to see Logan leave. We are so happy for Logan and will miss him while he's away. I've never been alone without Bret and this will definitely not be an easy weekend without him. Bret is still working at Myraid Genetics in Salt Lake and is looking forward to getting into pharmacy school next fall somewhere. Bret is a great dad and Ashlyn attaches herself to him as soon as he enters the door when he gets home from work everyday. I just can't believe how much our kids look like Bret. When am I gonna get a kid where people will say "aww they look just like you Kristin"? Instead it's "wow they are clones of your husband!" At least they are super cute!
14 years ago



3 comments:
You are such a strong woman. I am so impressed. I am glad that everyone is feeling a little better. Keep us posted on Gavin. I will keep my fingers crossed!
I am glad to hear that everything is going well! How exciting to finally have Ashlyn figured out. I bet that is a relief! Gavin making noises when he sleeps, how cute! I can just see this cute little baby all bundled up :) I want to see him again, once is just not enough! I know that Bret is going to be gone this weekend so if you need any help let me know.
You're amazing... seriously amazing! You have the best attitude and strongest spirit ever. I'm so happy Ashlyn's doc is on the ball and that things are looking up for her... she's such an angel!
Gavin is a CUTE little guy... so great he sleeps so well!!!!
I hope you're feeling great and life treats you nicely... you deserve the BEST. You'll do great when Bret's out of town, i just know it, you're the strongest woman i know!!!!
Post a Comment