Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lots of catching up

Well I have a lot to blog about that I haven't yet. Last week My brother Clint got married. Everyone had such a good time during the week and the wedding was amazing. Here's a recap...

Thursday we had a bridal shower at my parent's house for Rachel. The food was amazing. My sister Jen is becoming quite the cook! We had the best soups, salads, and truffles for dessert! I have to say that my family totally fell in love with Rachel and her fam. We all had a blast without the boys!

Friday morning my dad took us all up to a resort and we all went snowmobiling. I felt bad for Bret who didn't get to come because he had class. Ashlyn and I had to go without him and missed him a lot. I loved snowmobiling and wish I could have stayed all day. I loved how Ashlyn's helmet was super big and kept falling over her eyes. She actually fell asleep snowmobling with my dad, which was super cute.

Friday night we got our first babysitter-(crazy I know we take that girl everywhere with us) and went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for an elegant wedding dinner. It was great seeing friends and family. Oh and for the main course we had the biggest chicken servings. I swear it filled 90% of my plate! My favorite part of the dinner was when the parents gave their special toasts/speaches and then Clint and Rachel had a one minute rebuttle afterwards. It was cute!!

Saturday morning was the wedding. It was really special and I don't think I've seen my brother more in love or happier than he was that morning. After the wedding Clint & Rachel quickly headed off to their honeymoon.

Satudary night was Mandarin night to celebrate my dad's birthday. The Mandarin is the best Chinese restraunt EVER and just happens to be in Bountiful. It seriously is the best tasting food and is super popular. The place is always packed with lines out the doors. We had such a great time.

It was sad to say our goodbyes to all the family that came into town. I can't wait to see them all again this summer for our family's reunion.
These are two super cute pictures of my nieces that I met for the first time. Liahna and Cosette. Liahna fell asleep in this angelic little pose above. The second pic is of them on Sunday in their matching dresses. What you don't see is me and my two sisters making fools of ourselves trying to get them to laugh and smile.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Great time with the fam, congrats to you on gaining a wonderful sister! I love those pictures of your nieces... SO CUTE!!!! It is hilarious what we do to get a smile outta these kids, huh!

karen★ said...

Congratulations to your brother! I am so excited that you got to see your nieces but I am the most excited that you and Bret got a babysitter!