Well even though it was raining Saturday night when everyone was out Trick or Treating, luckily Bret and I had taken the kids to a ton of Halloween festivities during the week so we didn't have to stay out in the rain much. On Thursday we went to the Pumpkin Walk. With hot chocolate in tow, we walked around looking at amazing pumpkins from all around the county. They have everything from simple to extravagant- humurous, cute, scary, and more! It was our first time and man I could not believe how cool some of the pumpkins were. I definitely don't have that talent! On Friday, we went to a birthday party for one my close friend's daughter who Ashlyn has so much fun with, did a quick trick or treating event at one of the local nursing homes, and then headed over to the Rec Center for their Halloween Carnival. It was a little packed and therefore, at little less enjoyable than last year, but the kids had a great time! This lady in the trick or treat alley looked just like Cinderella and Ashlyn was in aww! She made me go back the alley a second time just to see her. Then on Saturday we did trick or treating inside at the South Davis Hospital, Trunk or Treating at Dicks Market, and later that night after the rain calmed down- we went around to a few houses in the neighborhood for some Trick or Treating. Ashlyn had so much fun and still asks occassionally if we can go Trick or Treating again. I can't wait to see Ashlyn and Gavin next year when they will both be walking up to the doors and saying "Trick or Treat" together with Bret and I watching in the background.
This year the kids ended up with 3 popcorn size bowls full of candy and I swear it is going to be the death of me! Unfortunately we only have a small stash of candy for Gavin, as we have recently discovered his food allergies to eggs and milk. Gavin has been steadily loosing weight since he turned 6 months old and began eating baby foods. He was constantly getting diahrrea, breaking out in hives, and occassionally throwing up meals. We knew there was something wrong and finally got in to see a Pediatric Allergist. They discovered he is allergic to milk and eggs but said thankfully 85% of kids will outgrown those allergies by the age of 6. We are hoping for the best and are trying to adjust to his allergies. I have to say that I can't believe how much food contains milk and eggs! It's hard coming up with things to feed him and I find myself continueing to feed him plain fruits and veggies like before. Luckily both of my sisters have kids with similiar food allergies (one of which has severe allergies to almost everything), so they help me with ideas, recipes, advice, and more!
We hope you everyone had a wonderful Halloween and can't wait for the rest of the holiday season this year. I just love this time of year and can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas!









3 comments:
What a fun Halloween you had, Such cute costumes!
Cute costumes for Ashlyn and Gavin! I'm sorry to hear about Gavin's allergy-bummer.
Oh the kids look SO CUTE in their costumes!! I'm glad you guys found out about Gavin's allergies- that would be so frustrating dealing with all the symptoms for so long!
Happy (super late) Halloween!
Post a Comment