14 years ago
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Eventful
Well Thanksgiving has come and gone without much to be thankful for. I got a terrible 24 hour flu bug and we didn't even end up doing anything. Black Friday was crazy as always with Bret being super courageous and standing out in the FREEZING (seriously like -2 degree) weather waiting in line to get into stores. We hit up Walmart, Kohls, Target, and Office Max. We got everything we wanted- minus How To Train Your Dragon which they didn't have at Walmart, and I am super thrilled to say that 95% of our Christmas shopping is already done! The kids are freaking spoiled this year with things like $70 dolls, $100 BIGFOOT, $60 Playhouse, $50 Mixing Truck Toy, Tool Set, Fire Truck, Zhu Zhu Pets galore, and much much more! I swear I only bought a few Barbies (on sale) for Ashlyn and a Tonka Dump Truck for Gavin along with some small stocking stuffers and the rest I got FREE from my review and giveaways website Take It From Me . We are doing an amazing 2010 Holiday Gift Guide event and therefore I have been testing out a ton of great products which my kids thoroughly enjoy reaping the benefits from! This year is our turn to spend Christmas with Bret's family in Colorado so Santa is going to visit our house early before we take our trip. Ashlyn is very excited and cannot wait, as she asks practically every day if Christmas is here. The kids even got to meet Santa Claus and Ashlyn told him all about what she wanted while Gavin was less than impressed by an overwhelming stranger with a long white beard and weird laugh- your seriously should have seen his face! One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely beginning to look AND FEEL a lot like Christmas around here! The snow keeps on coming, the Christmas tree is lit, the weather is frigid cold, and I have already started listening to Christmas music, much to Bret's dismay. Christmas is my favorite time of year! I especially have loved watching Ashlyn play with a special wooden nativity scene of my mom's and hearing her talk about Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus! Although I am not sure if Baby Jesus would ask his mommy Mary if he could build a snowman and other things she pretends they do, it still is so sweet none-the-less! Just the other day while reading the Church News, we discussed the picture of the nativity on the front and how Christmas is the time of year we celebrate Christ's birth. I told her that just like we get presents, so did Baby Jesus! I know especially with children it is hard to get the true meaning across, but I know it is my job to teach her and every year I see Ashlyn learning and understanding more, which is great! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season and taking time to remember it's true meaning amidst the hussle and bussle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Hey cuz, sorry to hear you were sick but glad to hear that you got some serious deals on toys!
Good gravy, i'm sorry you had the flu... BOO... that sucks! But HURRAY for an awesome site that gives you awesome toys for your kids for FREE!!!!! LUCKY DUCK!!! I'm so glad things are going great... you deserve the BEST! miss you girl!
Post a Comment