Ok so I have a lot to post about. So let's get this started:
The Circus:
A.MAZ.ING!! Seriously, we had a blast! It was cirque du soleil meets Broadway and beyond! They had so many different acts and shows, I tried not to blink the entire time! (i did have to change one diaper during the elephant part :0( which was a little bummer) I would definitely go again and again to see the circus. This year's theme was Funundrum...I wonder what next year's will be. Oh the only bad part of the night was when I went to take my first picture...battery dead. NOOOOO!!! I was super bummed and ended up taking pictures with my phone instead- problem is it's a new phone and I can't seem to get the pictures off of it now. So these are just some pictures I found on the Internet that express some of the excitement of the night and a snippet of what we saw!
It's Official:
Just shy of his first birthday our little Gavin started walking. I tried to take some pictures, but this little boy is a fast one! Sometimes he manages to walk like a cowboy or Frankenstein, but every time he walks I really just can't believe how big he is and how fast he is growing up! *tear
Birthday Weekend:
Both Grandma Sue and Gavin celebrated their birthdays this weekend! I won't tell you how old my mom turned for fear or punishment, but I can tell you that Gavin turned 1! It was Conference weekend and so we can quite the full house, which made celebrating a lot more fun. I made this super cute robot cake, which I have to say turned out great! My mom blew out the candles on her chocolate satin pie, while Gavin stuck his hand into his cake and Ashlyn blew out his candle. We have plenty of toys around the house, but wanted to get Gavin a few boy-specific things so he got some toy cars with a ramp, a truck book, a gift card, and some well-needed 12 month pants with adjustable waist! Did I mention we went to his 1-year-appointment at the doctors and he was off the charts skinny! Below 5%! I can't believe it. The huge heads my kids have seem to trick me into thinking they weigh more than they do. 75% for head and 50% for height were his other stats. On a side not about his weight, we are trying to thicken him up but he seems to keep getting really bad allergic reactions. We are planning on taking him to a pediatric allergist to test him for food allergies. With his bad eczema, sometimes food allergies correlate with allergies. I will let you know what we find out. NEWAYS here are some pics from the big birthday bash-

























2 comments:
the circus looks awesome, i'm totaly jealous!! And YAY for a walking, adorable, zombie baby named Gavin!!! love it!
awesome robot cake, i want one. or two!
The circus looks so cool. Who'd have thought....? Glad you guys had a good time. Congrats on cute baby Gavin walking.
Post a Comment