
Well my parents have returned from their 1st mission assignment. They went to Bolivia, which is actually where my 28 year old brother Clint served. Since they had already been there once, they were a little prepared but this was a lot different trip for them. They did a ton of humanitarian projects. Some of the projects they did while they were there were helping the poor communities with farming, handing out wheelchairs, fixing up a hospital, and neo-natal resuscitation training. They had some very special experiences and got to catch up with some of the people Clint taught and baptized. When I picked them up from the airport, I immediately noticed their weight loss. My dad lost 22 pounds and my mom lost around 12 pounds. I guess that's what third world cuisine does to ya. I am very happy they are back and will be around for me to have this baby. Ashlyn was super excited and practically bouncing off the walls when she saw them. I know they have a lot to catch up on including house and yard work but it will be nice to visit and hang out with them every week again. I wonder where their next assignment will take them.
2 comments:
I'm so glad they made it safely! I know it's a little bit early but I really really hope that that's the kind of mission Seth and I serve someday! (kisses upon kisses upon kisses to ashlyn!)
Kudos to Sue and Greg. I also breathed a sigh of relief when my parents came back from Albania. Your due date is comin' right up! Hang in there!
Post a Comment