Thursday, May 7, 2009

Playdates (& lots of Pictures)

There 3 girls that I have been friends with since birth. We have stayed friends throughout the years and we refer to ourselves as the famous fouresome. It's me, Ashley, Hailie, and Kelly. Hailie lives the farthest away in Cedar City and so whenever she comes to town we try to get together. This week she came for a few days so we decided to schedule some playdates.
Tuesday we decided to go to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden. Hailie with her 1 1/2 year old daughter Sadie and Kelly with her girls- 8 week old baby Elsie and 1 year old Findlay. The Treehouse Museum had so much to do. They have tons of little themed areas like a doctors office, super market, little houses, different countries, animals, music place, book area, oval office, firetruck, trains, and much much more! Ashlyn really liked the musical instruments and playing with the baby dolls. Sadie and her found a fun bridge to play on at the very end and were not happy to leave it! They cried when they had to go bye bye.

Ashlyn being a firefighter.
Findlay making some sushi!Ashlyn making friends with President Obama in the Oval Office.
Wednesday we decided to all go to the Hogle Zoo together. Oh man it was a blast. Ashley who couldn't go to the Treehouse Museum with us, was able to come and make it a true 4some reunion! Ashlyn and I both had a little rough start. I was pretty sick that morning from the pregnancy and she was a little tired and didn't eat her breakfast. But after we got going things got better. Ashlyn loved seeing all the animal and talking to them. She would say "hello" and "bye bye" to each one. She was really impressed when the cougar said hi back to her and kept talking to us. She thought it was pretty funny. She knew almost all the sounds of the animals and was thrilled to see them up close! She loves animals and I think the zoo was a great experience for her. We all brought bag lunches and ate at the zoo. Ashlyn snarfed hers down and seemed to instantly perk up after that. We ended our day at the zoo with a fun train ride and some running around in the play area. I can't wait to bring her back with Bret!
Ashlyn seeing how she "Measure's Up" to the monkeys.
This is the rough start I told you about. I think she just needed some food. Ashley & Ashlyn!
Kelly, Elsie, and Findlay!Hailie & Sadie!
Ashlyn & I getting ready to ride the train!
Chugga Chugga CHOO CHOO!
Now on to the Play Area! Ashlyn found an alligator and decided to feed it wood chips.
Then she decided to try some for herself- yucka!
Let's just ride him instead.
Ashlyn seeing what it would be like to be a turtle.
Ashlyn on a catepillar.
Sadie and Ashlyn the best of friends and look another bridge!
Help we are stuck in an egg!
I have to say that being together with those girls is always so much fun and having our daughters play together is such an added bonus! I can't wait to get together again!

4 comments:

Katy said...

I love getting together with old girlfriends (i totally remember Ashley!) Cute kiddos! I love the egg shots... hilarious and oh so adorable!!

karen★ said...

The egg shot and the monkey shots are my favorites! I am jealous that all of your friends were together. I don't think I could get four of us together right now because we all live in different states! You are lucky! CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

oh my heck Kris!!! I love these last two posts! they make me laugh cuz Ashlyn is so dang CAAAAA-UUUTE! and funny and sweet! I hope someday I can come on your fun play dates!!I miss you!

Melbell said...

Oh my heck Kristin - she is just the cutest thing. Congrat's on baby #2!!!