Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh BOY!?!


Well we had a big surprise at the doctor today... we found out we are having a baby boy! The radiologist was trying to hide it but Bret and I instantly saw the big "man parts". I mean come on we have a girl and know that there isn't supposed to be something there if it's a girl. Everytime she was down there it was like- oh boy that's a pee pee! Haha. There was shock and panic and happiness all at once when she finally wrote the word "BOY" on the screen. It's so surreal I'm still in a little bit of shock! I am thrilled to be having a boy however I can't help but feel a little unprepared. I always wanted 3 boys and 2 girls because I love little boys but having Ashlyn made me fall in love with little girls and all the little girly things. Pink and baby dolls, frilly dresses and sparkly things have ruled this house for almost 2 years- what am I to do with a boy? It's time to get in touch with blues and greens, all the different manly sports, and of course rough housing. I am happy that we will have both genders so early and there is no pressure down the road to get both in our family. We are pretty sure we will be naming him Gavin Matthew Wynder (Matthew is Bret's middle name). So here's to new beginnings with boys. Can't wait to get pee shot in my face- lol.

7 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

AHH!! Yay! Congratulations!!!

Katy said...

WWWEEEEEEE!!!!! A BOY!!!! CONGRATS! You're gonna have the cutest little guy ever, i'm really happy for you!

karen★ said...

i'm so happy that Zachary and Noah will have friends!! not that the girls and boys won't mix but jared and adam will never have boy cousins their own age. so SO excited for you and we loooove the name Gavin!

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Yay!!Haha! You're in for it! I'll just laugh. ;) Ps--just keep your mouth closed--trust me!

Jill said...

Yeah Congrats!! And Yes you will most definitely get Pee shot in your face it still shocks me when hes taking a bath and he pees and it shoots everywhere. Boys are fun though you'll love it!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats! Can't wait for the stories of you getting peed on either!!

musson said...

A boy!! How fun! Can't wait to see pictures of Gavin!!