
So for Memorial Day weekend we decided to spend as much time as possible out of the house! It is so nice having a long weekend with Bret home that we wanted to enjoy it all. On Saturday we went swimming at our local Recreation Center. They have a huge indoor pool complete with a lazy (yet I wouldn't say lazy because it goes kinda fast) river, huge water slide, kids water jungle gym, and more! The best part is their outdoor kids splash pad. It's this huge pirate ship and all these fun sprinklers and fountains perfect for kids. Ashlyn absolutely loved it and did not want to leave. I definitely think we will be spending a lot more time there over the summer. Then on Monday we had a bbq and went swimming with my brother and his family. They have a community pool in their neighborhood but the only downside was that it doesn't have a kiddie pool so we had to hold Ashlyn the whole time. She didn't enjoy it as much as the rec center but she still had fun. The bbq was great! Bret made his famous Jamaican jerk chicken and I made homemade heath bar ice cream. SOOOO YUMMY!! Bret had gone golfing with my brother in the morning before swimming and the bbq. He must have had a little too much fun in the sun because he got sun burned and will consequentially have some pretty funny tan lines from his shorts, socks, and shirt. Talk about sexy. Hey but that's what summers about right? I'm lucky to have an extremely olive skinned daughter who does not burn at all- I swear we go out a ton and I never put sunscreen on her. My skin is not definitely not olive at all but I'm lucky to have only gotten a little red. So yeah it was a very fun weekend and I can't wait to do more fun things this summer especially camping! (Oh and I didn't take my camera for fear of it getting ruined or lost- it's so new and we were always swimming so sorry there are no pics)
On a Memorial Day note- I am so so so very thankful for all those people who have made it possible to live in this great country, who have served us and kept us safe throughout the years. To those who have lost their lives and to their families, I thank you for being so brave and strong. You have truly become heroes and will not be forgotten! God bless the U.S.A.!



2 comments:
What a fun weekend, that heath bar ice cream sounds amazing!!!! haha... I was reading your sidebar with Brett's crazy night jabberings and he is hilarious!!!
it reminds me of the night T sleep-punched me in my boob (yeah, that's right, BOOB) and then raised his fist (still clenched) in the air and said, "All RIIIIGHT" in like a stoner voice.... i was SO MAD at the time, but now it's one of our favorite stories. Boys are silly.
Our brothers are coming HERE to visit this weekend, come with em too! We totally need to hang out, our girls would love it (well, only if Ashlyn can take a shove or two... Ava's totally into the bully thing right now... NOT my favorite)
Take care!
Sounds like you guys had an amazing time...Even though the chicken was hotter than anything I could have ever imagined...I'm kind of craving it. Good stuff! Thanks for the supportive comment ab. my little shop. It made me smile & stress out about it a little less!
Post a Comment