Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lately

Lots of happenings since I've last posted...
1.  My dad went in for back surgery and due to complications afterwords came very close to dying.  It was very scary.  He was in the ICU and the hospital for several days and I was back and forth visiting him and making sure he was going to stay around!  Luckily he is progressing quite well and out of the hospital now.  He is going to have a very long and tough year-long recovery ahead of him, but we are so grateful to have him here with us.  I just want to personally say THANK YOU to those who sent their prayers and thoughts as we very much appreciated them and obviously they have done some great work!
2.  House hunting in New Mexico proved to be both fun and confusing.  We found some great places and areas to live in and have narrowed down lots of options.  However, since we don't want to move until August, we are hoping the places we like will still be open and are unsure what to do about some options that we won't be able to go check out ourselves.  Oh the joys of pregnancy combined with moving to a new state!
3.  While in New Mexico, we did get to take the kids to the Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanical Gardens.  We had lots of fun and are finding it strange to think that our family of four will soon be a family of FIVE!!  I almost think we should be getting another parent so that the parent to kid ratio will stay the same and everyone can still have a designated parent on hand for tantrums, watching, etc.  However, since I am not willing to get another husband nor do I want a "sister-wife" this is out of the question.  Guess Bret and I will just have to manage.  Check out some of the pics:
4. Pregnancy has officially started to wind down.  30 weeks and counting!  I am so over this pregnancy, all of it's joyous-yeah right! complications, and am ready to pop this baby out soon!  Although I know I still need the time I have for packing, organizing, etc.  I am hoping time will fly by and I can finally get back to my normal feeling self and have a cute new little baby girl to cuddle with!

4 comments:

James and Laura Neibaur said...

We're glad your dad is doing better! If you are ever near Denver, come see us! How exciting to move and get a house and have a baby--those are such wonderful, fun, family adventures.

Andrea McEntire said...

Hey cuz. I'm relieved to hear that your dad is doing better. I'm glad to see that you guys are doing some fun things. Can't wait to see new baby pics girl! And happy belated 26th birthday. ;)

Katy said...

Oh i'm so happy your dad is recovering, what a scary moment.

you're hilarious, I loved the "sister-wife" comment... hahah! too good!

awesome pics of the aquarium, what a fun day!! i'm so sooo hoping your pregnancy goes by super freaking fast... trust me, the pain of being pregnant is still very fresh in my memory... and i STILL hate it! :) good luck, i'm sending you happy ju-ju for the rest of this time!

Unknown said...

I love that Ashlyn is holding Gavin's head for one of the pictures!! Ha ha what a little mommy! I love it! I'm glad you are able to get some things done before the baby comes. Good luck with your move! Living out of Utah is really pretty fun but sad I may not get to see you! Love you!