With seeming endless days of on and off sickness, lately I have been having a hard time staying positive. I notice that when I am feeling miserable, tired, and depressed, that sometimes that carries over to my interaction with my kids. Luckily I got a little kick in the butt last week when preparing a lesson for young women in church and realized that this negative attitude HAD TO GO!! My kids don't really know what I am going through and that is ok. All they need to know is that even though mommy is not as active and "fun" like she usually is, I still love them very much and am trying my best. This week has been pretty good. I have found myself just watching the kids play with each other and laughing and smiling with how adorable, funny, smart, and loving they both are! They are both so different, which I love and I am so grateful to be their mom. I am so looking forward to finding out more about our growing baby and how they will be. In March we find out if we are having a boy or girl, and even though I am secretly hoping for a girl that I can dress up in frilly bows and dresses again, I would truly love either one!
One thing that I love being about a mother is learning. I know I am not the world's perfect mom, nor do I pretend to be in any way. I love that my kids are able to teach me so much and I know that everyday- good or bad- I am continually growing and progressing as a parent.
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment