So I know that I have completely been slacking and neglecting my blog! There are several reasons for this- 1. I have been super busy working on my other giveaways blog Take It From Me and 2. We always get very busy around this time of year with family reunions, Bret and I's anniversary, mother's day, father's day, my birthday, Bret's birthday, and Ashlyn's birthday! All of those big events happen within two months! It gets pretty crazy! So here's just a little update on all of the fun we've been having!
MAY:
On May 6th, Bret & I celebrated our 4-year wedding anniversay! Although it doesn't seem like we've been married very long, we've actually been somewhat together for 7 years. Add on 2 kids and it seems like we've been married for 10 years! LOL. We are still completely in love with each other and I honestly believe that we were meant for each other! It's funny to think of everything we've been through and how crazy our time together has been. I love that we are still very young at heart and always have fun!
On May 9th we celebrated a very fun Mother's Day! I am so happy to be a mom and have two very adorable and wonderful kids! Bret gave me a much needed new diaper bag that I LOVE! Ashlyn and Gavin also made me feel like a very loved mommy!
On May 16th I turned a gracious 25 years old! I had such a great birthday this year and was completely spoiled by Bret! He and the kids surprised me with flowers, strawberry cheesecake, and many wonderful presents!
From May 25th through June 2nd, we were blessed with the opportunity to go down to Arizona over Memorial Day weekend for a family reunion and to spend time with my siblings and their families. We got to stop in St.George and visit Bret's aunt Brenda and her family on our way which was also very fun. In Arizona we had a blast soaking up the sun, swimming, going to the Larson Reunion campground, and eating some of my favorite super yummy Meditteranean food! Bret finally got to meet all of my dad's 12 siblings and some of their families. My dad's side of the family is HUGE but we always enjoy seeing them and spending time together! I have a brother and a sister who live in Arizona with their families that we got to spend time with, which was so much fun!
JUNE:
June 9th Bret turned a very young 29-years-old! I really can't believe he is almost 30 because he does not look anywhere near that! We tried our best to spoil him with golf presents, going go-karting, miniature golfing, lazer tagging, & more! I may be a little prejudice but I think he is the most handsome and amazing 29-year-old!
June 20th was Father's Day and we were so blessed to have Bret's sister Nikki & her husband here to celebrate with us over the weekend! We had a fantastic steak dinner which was out-of-this-world good! Bret is such a great dad and I couldn't have asked for a better father to my kids. Ashlyn is a complete daddy's girl and hates when he's away at work. Both of our kids are spitting images of Bret and super cute nonetheless! Bret always takes time to play with the kids and takes care of all their needs. I really think we should have gotten him a "World's Greatest Dad" trophy or mug this year!
This Saturday, June 26th is Ashlyn's birthday! She will be 3-years-old "going on 16"! We are doing a "Future Movie Star" themed party and will be going to see Toy Story 3 in the movie theatre with family! Stay tuned for pictures & a post after the event!
So now that you know why we have been so busy, maybe you will be a little understanding and not be mad at me for neglecting our blog!
I just got the kids' pictures done at Target so that I can give them to our families. They turned out great! Take a look at some of the adorable photos we got:

MAJOR CUTIES!
























3 comments:
You have the most beautiful children--I feel sorry for Brett when Ashlyn is a teenager! She's going to turn some heads for sure!
Wow, you've been super busy with all the fun adventures lately!!! Sounds awesome.. you guys definitely know how to have FUN together! Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday! Happy Bday to Bret! Happy Bday to Ashlyn!
whew!
and those pictures from the studio are SOOO CUTE!!!! Your kids are both incredibly photogenic!!!
Kristin! What cute pictures! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for you guys. You look like such a cute family! Maybe one day I'll actually be able to meet your kids...how about that? It's not like we're family or anything. :) Love ya lots cuz.
Post a Comment