Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lots and Lots to SHARE!!!

A lot has been going on lately!  I have so much to share with everyone.

First... I had a lovely and super busy weekend.  I got to see some old roommates and friends and catch up.  We had a blast reminiscing about some crazy college days and they got a little taste of what my world is like with the two kids.

Jessica, Me, & Coral
Future Mommies
The Eligble Bachelors: Gavin & Jon

We also got to spend some time with Bret's sister Nikki & her husband Dallin down in Provo as well.  We went to a really good Boston style pizza place and played some board games.  Ashlyn loves Nikki & Dallin!

I was also able to do some more sewing as I had to make another Car Seat Canopy for a lady in Ohio.  This just might be my favorite canopy yet!

I have also been super busy adding tons of giveaways to my other blog.  I am starting to do some LDS giveaways but I need more LDS people to enter them.  So check it out and spread the word to any family, friends, ward members, etc. that might be interested.  All you need is an email address to be notified of a win to enter. http://takeitfrom-me.blogspot.com Check out these goodies...

Girls, I know you would love these adorable Headbands- Katy I can definitely see you in this!
Super Cute Camera Straps!
Flannel Story Boards- I picked this Heroes one to entice my sister-in-law Karen & her boys!
Poppy Seed Projects (posting tomorrow) with Amazing Temple Kits!

And finally LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
Sunday I had my sister-in-law Nikki chop off my hair.  Yep, I decided to trade in my long locks for a shorter bob to change things up a bit and cut down on the time it takes me to get ready.  What do you think?

10 comments:

Montana Brandts said...

I LOVE the new hair cut, it's so cute! It looks great on you! I need to enter more of your giveaways, I have been a slacker latley. But, I will got it and start entering!! Hope to see you tomorrow @ playgroup... Kangaroo Zoo!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Love the new haircut!

karen★ said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I AM S-H-O-C-K-E-D!!! Nikki did a great job and I love it and I am going to cry. Seriously love it!

I LOVE YOUR CHILDREN! HOW GORGEOUS ARE THEY!!!! Gavin is chunky just like mine!!!

p.s. I really do love your hair, I'm just in mourning....

Katy said...

you're gorgeous.... seriously, long hair, short hair, red hair, no hair (starting to sound like a Dr. Seuss book) you just always look so stunning!

um, did you mean ME when you were talking about the headband????? i totally hope so, cuz if not, this is gonna sound SO VAIN!!! But HELZ YEAH that would look fabulous on me!!!!! :) no, i seriously love it... i'm gonna enter (and then spend every waking second dreaming of the day that i actually WIN something i enter for!!)

i love you, Kris- you're awesome and we MISS you 'round these parts.

ps. your new canopy is fabulous... i absolutely LOVE it. I want one for my next kid (whenever that may be...) i am dying over that fabric!!!

Megan said...

I am obsessed with that car seat canopy. Like seriously, I need it.
p.s...your hair looks great!!

James and Laura Neibaur said...

You look beautiful for one--and second, do you sew all of those things yourself? I'm impressed! Third, you have a very pretty little girl--I feel sorry for Brett in about 12 years from now!

Kristin W. said...

Haha, thanks for the comments everyone. Yes, Katy I WAS talking about you. For some reason I could totally picture you wearing that headband. You always had such cute simple yet chic style and I was always jealous! And Karen, it's ok to cry but just remember that hair grows and mine grows fast. I think I've got a system down of going from long to short to long to short so... i guess that means long is next again. Oh and if ANYONE would like a car seat canopy I would be happy to make one for you. They seriously only take an hour. I saw some lady selling a crappy one on etsy for $50 dollars the other day and laughed. I only spend around $15 to make mine and I'm getting really good at sewing them pretty fast.

Tracey said...

Your hair looks totally cute!! The baby canopy is cute also but I am not in the market for those anymore. Wish they had those when I had babies.

Andrea McEntire said...

Cuz! You are the most creative girl I know! The sewing queen, the headbands, the car seat covers, all so cute! I know who to talk to when I need cute stuff for my chillins. Also your hair cut looks super cute girl!