Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life as We Know It

I'm sorry for not blogging very much lately, I 've been busy with my other blog and neglecting this one. 
Here is what has been going on around our house...
Our New Life in New Mexico
So far we are really enjoying things here in New Mexico.  The weather stayed really warm forever and we just barely had our first real snow.  We got about 5 inches and I swear people here thought they were going to die.  Schools were cancelled (even UNM Pharmacy School for Bret), some stores closed, roads closed, lots of accidents happened, and that's all the news stations broadcasted.  It was kind of funny.  We actually have a pretty steep driveway and forgot we had left our snow shovel in Utah so Bret went out to buy one.  He had to go to several stores before finally finding one at Home Depot.  LOL.  Apart from the weather changes, we also have found some great friends here in Albuquerque.  It is really hard being away from family and having such amazing and fun friends has really helped!  A lot of the families in the ward are just like us and we seem to have a lot of fun playing games, partying it up like it's 1999, and seeing all that New Mexico has to offer!

Not So Little Anymore
I can't believe how grown our kids are. 
Ashlyn is loving Preschool and I can't believe I am going to have a kid going into school next year.  Besides being a smarty pants, we call her our Diva because she is all about singing, dancing, dressing up, and bossing Gavin around.  She's a cutie, but the "tude" as we call it, gets her in trouble sometimes.  Her conversations about life, Justin Bieber, and her dreams of being on TV when she grows up makes me laugh.  She is a beautiful girl with so much spunk!!

Gavin's nickname of "bug" has started to change into "trouble" because as this boy grows, Bret and I are learning just how different boys can be!  He loves to climb, explore, turn anything he can into swords or guns, he lives life in the fast lane running his cars up and down the hallways, and believe it or not...he tends to get into things from time to time when we are not looking.  Bret and I try our best to watch him like a hawk so there really hasn't been too much chaos and he seems to be doing better and better as time goes on.  I guess being a boy and a 2-year-old can be a little crazy, but when he isn't being a goofball--he is the sweetest boy around.  I love his giggles, hugs, precious kisses,and looking into my handsome boy's big brown eyes with gorgeous long eyelashes!

Our little Avery is not so little anymore!  She is by far the chubbiest baby we've had.  She's broken the skinny minnie trend our kids had and instead is a chubby wubby which we love!  The never-ending cheeks and rolls are so adorable and fun to kiss!  Overall, she is a great baby.  She smiles, giggles, and plays so well.  And although she is not a fan or car rides, she is such a happy and healthy baby which is more than we could ask for!

Pharmacist in the Making
Bret is loving Pharmacy school and it is hard to believe his first semester is one week away from being done.  He couldn't be happier with where life is going and I am so proud at all the hard work he is doing in his studies.  Each week when he heads off to lab in his cute white Pharmacy coat, I smile and can't wait for him to graduate!  Oh and when he isn't studying, he is being the BEST husband and Dad around!

Weighing In on Life
I've never had to worry about weight problems growing up.  I could eat whatever I wanted and stay thin.  However kids have changed everything!  These 3 kids have done a number on my body and although I love having my kids around, I don't love having the extra weight around.  I have decided to say BYE BYE to my post-baby body and get back into shape!  After the holidays I am starting Nutrisystem and a new big work out regime.  I excited to see the outcomes and finally feel good again. 

Our family is very excited for Christmas and this is my favorite time of year!  We hope everyone has a happy holiday season and looking forward to a new year of new adventures!

2 comments:

Andrea McEntire said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys are doing well. All of your kids look really cute Kristin. Maybe one day I'll meet them :). And you go for nutrisystem in 2012! Although you were always so slim and trim growing up, it's hard to believe you'd need it.

Unknown said...

Oh how I love and miss you Miss Krissy!! I wish we were closer so that I could squeeze your face off! I LOVED your Christmas card and so appreciate you thinking of me! Those kiddos sure are cute and don't worry you'll get that hot bod back in no time! The mind over matter thing sure sucks and I'm sure you look way better than what YOU actually see! Isn't it always that way? Stupid girl thoughts! Psssh! I love you!